Sunday 8 March 2009

The Armenian Princeling


The Armenian contingent is the smallest grouping of units. It can fight for either the Franks or the Seljuks. It comprises 64 foot and 21 mounted figures.

The Armenian Prince. 1 command stand of 3 mounted figures.



The Armenian cavalry. 1 unit of 18 figures. The Armenians were Orthodox Christians so I based their banner on a Byzantine one.

The Armenian infantry. 4 units. 2 of loose order spear men (20 figures each) and 2 units of skirmish order archers. The Armenian spear men were the subject of some arm position conversion to increase the range of poses.
Next up will be the Turks and Arabs, which I'm just finishing the bases of. There are 32 units of these (including 20 units of cavalry) so I think I'll recharge the battery in my camera.

1 comment:

1ngram said...

Lovely figures. I'm in the middle of painting a Fatimid army in 28mm - mainly Miniature Design Studio with some Gripping Beast foot and a few Perry - though I use acrylics not enamels. But my painting is not a patch on yours, I'm afraid. Really lovely way you have designs on the figures' clothes - I could never hope to achieve that.

Never heard of Ager sanguis before though - we use Impetus both the Basic rules for an evening game and the full set for bigger actions. really good set of rules.

BTW Armenians were usually NOT Orthodox - in fact they had been persecuted by the Byzantines as a result and had their own Armenian Church.

Ken
Aberdeen